Our Dentists use a variety of methods to whiten teeth:
- Home teeth whitening
- Air flow teeth stain removal
- Cosmetic dental veneers
Find out about Teeth Whitening at Clock House Dental
It is very important to visit the dentist to be examined before any form of whitening is carried out. This ensures that it is justified and appropriate for each individual case. A quick consultation with one of our experienced cosmetic dentists gives you a professional opinion on what your options are but most importantly gives your dentist the ability to select the most appropriate type of whitening and concentration to avoid any complications.
Stain removal conducted by an experienced cosmetic dentist is very safe.
However we strongly advise patients to avoid attempting tooth whitening themselves by purchasing products over the internet or at salons trying to do a dentists job.
It is illegal for someone to offer and / or carry out whitening treatments unless they are working under the prescription of a GDC registered Dentist and is also trained, holds valid indemnity and has insurance. More information can be found here: Tooth whitening and illegal practice (gdc-uk.org)
Advantages of whitening at Clock House:
- Will only be carried out if appropriate
- Very Safe
- No damage to teeth, gums or lips
- Will select the most appropriate product & concentration
- Access to your dentist before, during and after treatment
- Before and after shade taking to assess success
- Before and after photographs for your records
Teeth whitening in the hands of anyone other than an experienced dentist:
- Usually cheaper
- Whitening may not be appropriate at all
- Can make your smile look worse
- Can permanently damage teeth
- Can burn gums, lips or worse!
- Limited experience of operator can lead to the incorrect whitening type being selected
- No way of knowing for sure what is in the product being used
- Don’t have the support of a dentist
To find out more information please contact our Treatment Co-ordinator using the following email address: